..

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

laura Breitman

I had the pleasure of seeing a lecture by Laura Breitman yesterday. Go check out the website. It was really amazing these collages she does. So detailed, she doesn't use stitching but she takes tiny pieces of fabric and cuts them out to create these really beautiful life-like works of art. She uses a canvas as a backdrop and uses Golden's gel to stiffen the fabric. Quite amazing! She also has an amazing stash of fabrics to be able to get the right color compositions. I'm thinking next year I might take a two day class with her since she is only about an hour and a half away from where I live.

Amazing isn't it?




2 Comments:

Blogger Doreen G said...

Incredible Joanna--lucky you if you can take a workshop with her.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

They are amazing - wow!! I would love to do the workshop....

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home