..

Friday, September 01, 2006

Flowers and Mermaids








I did a flower from a picture that Francoise had made which won our inspirational photo challenge. Francoise was kind enough to let me attempt to duplicate the beautiful picture. There are a few things I don't like about it. But overall, I am happy with the thread painting. It's funny...there is an art to knowing when to stop and when to add more. I showed my husband my mermaid picture and I can always count on an honest opinion from him...whether I like it or not. He gave me one of those..it's okay looks. So, I thought about it some more ...and added some more thread painting to the hair and background. With the flower picture, I added some pastels and to the background and wetted the fabric to blend the pastels..then it kind of bunched up a little in spots. Ah well, it's a learning process.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen in the UK said...

I really like your flower - it was a tricky subject to pick, but you've done it well. Congrats :)

1:50 AM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

These both turned out wonderfully.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home