..

Saturday, July 07, 2007

All Time Favorites

Are you all ready for my all time favorites? I hope that you have all enjoyed looking at my reflections back and haven't been bored. I hope now in the future to spend more time on larger compositions. I'm in the middle of projects but have a great idea for a quilt. I really hope it can turn into something great. As I get to a stage where I think it might happen, I'll post pictures. My problem right now is thinking about how to do a backdrop. This will be an art quilt but I don't want it to have a one piece single hand dyed fabric as a backdrop. So, I'm thinking how I will do this.


Now on to my favorite PC, this is by Carol Straus. And, the reason it's my favorite, if you can't already tell, is all the incredible detail that is in this little card. This is all free-motion stitched..no embroidery machine. Check out the little souls of the little elves shoes, which are a different color. It amazes me. Also, the tree is made with felt and free motion stitched. The black foilage you see in the backdrop is thread..free motion stitched. This gives me something to aspire to.




















Here is my favorite PC, it's based on a painting by Franz Marc, who is one of my favorite artists. I just love the color play and how it came together. If you've read my blog in the past, you know how certain colors meant certain emotions to Marc and I really love the depth and thought that went into how he created a piece. It was funny when I was creating this PC, I didn't have to look to far to get the right color combinations in my dyed fabric stash...because they were colors that I loved.



1 Comments:

Blogger Faye said...

Joanna, I can see why these two are your all time favorites... they are both wonderful, Carol's Elves are beautiful. Thank you for sharing all your P/Cs with us.
cheers - Faye

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home