..

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Experimenting with bubbles

I was experimenting with bubbles. I think I need to think about it some more. I didn't get quite the looks that I was anticipating but I figured I'd share my results. I took dish washing liquid and blew into it through a straw till the bubbles went over the surface of the cup. I tried this with food coloring, different inks, and water color. I tried this on paper and fabric.

It looked really cool when wet, but when the bubbles started to pop. I didn't get quite the effect I'd hope for. I think it's just best done with regular card stock paper. And, also best done if your bubbles are dyed in some fashion before you apply to paper. It didn't work at all with fabric, as fabric absorbed the bubbles right away. The red bubbles were made on regular card stock which seemed to work best.

I'm thinking I like the texture on the tissue paper best! The last picture is what the bubbles looked like when wet...interesting eh?




6 Comments:

Blogger Leanne Hurren said...

I really like the first one Joanna - is that on fabric or card? I know it isn;t typically 'bubbly' but interesting effect

10:13 AM  
Blogger Doreen G said...

I think they are all good Joanna.
Ebony and I tried this during the school holidays with food colouring and she ended up with a green mouth she looked soooo funny.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Purple Missus said...

Maybe not what you anticipated but still very good results. I agree with Leanne that first one is very interesting.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the effect very much Joanna, it looks great and has lots of possibility's

1:09 PM  
Blogger Faye said...

Great effect Joanna, it's good to experiment isn't it?
cheers - Faye

5:04 PM  
Blogger Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
I'll agree with several others posting messages...the first one is quite striking. In fact, it's utterly fantastic.
Susan

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home