..

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Photoshop

I am such a novice at photoshop but over the last few days I have been trying to learn a thing or two. These are my first attempts at changing an image into a cartoon. I know I'll get better at time. My line drawing could use a lot of work. So, please excuse the edges not being smooth on the line drawing version. This will take some work in But, I really wanted to first understand how you can do it and then practice on the techniques of coloring and line. I did my line drawing before coloring...I really should have done this after so I do have some weird lines but this is just practice.

I'm telling you photoshop can be so complicated!!! I have learned so much though about photoshop. It really is quite an amazing software package.


Stay tuned for the next step....bubble letters.



Original Image




















Image with cartoon and line drawing






















Image just cartoon



4 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

Clever you, Joanna, I'm a Paint Shop Pro girl myself but this is very clever.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

You have made a great job of that Joanna. It is a good package, but rather expensive I think(:>)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Judy Rys said...

Illustrator is a better program for what you are trying to do. It is a vector (mathematical) based program which means the lines are smooth and can be resized with no quality loss. Photoshop is a pixel based program (little squares), so your lines will always be somewhat ragged. You really did a great job! Practice makes perfect.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Susan D said...

That's brilliant!!! If that is just a practice piece I can't wait to see what you do when you're an expert with Photoshop. I've been using it for about 5 years and still learn new things.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home