..

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Playing around with ink and ink pads

I bought these great stamps by Patti Culea. But, they came unmounted which I thought would not be a problem. But, I really prefer stamps with mounts. I was experimenting with different ways to get a defined image on fabric. I came to the conclusion that Tsukinkeko makes the best ink for this. Here is an example stamped with a Tsukineko Versicraft pad. I didn't have a pad in black but I had some of their black ink. This is the best of what came out for the black. It was difficult to do without a mount as I found just using the black ink, I needed to have some pressure applied. I'll defer from showing all the mistakes!
Anyways, I am now going to invest in a black ink pad to make things easier.





Also, I emailed Patti and asked her what she uses. She states she uses Tsukineko Fabrico stamp pads or Jacquards Pearl EX stamp pads. And, she said she liked my question so she was going to do a mini tutorial on her blog... Woo Hoo!

Here is here blogsite...http://patticulea.typepad.com

So, what do you think is the best brown or black? Also, you can click on the pictures for greater detail.

Joanna

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely the black. What a great stamp that is. sighhhh now I have to go out and get some ink pads so I can do some stamping too!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Thanks for posting this info. I haven't had a chance to play with stamping on fabric yet ... so many ideas, so little time :)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Forgot to say - I like both images. I think it depends what you are going to put with them whether the softer brown or the sharper black would be better :)

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home