..

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Garment District Finds

This first picture was my most expensive purchase but I just loved the fabric it is a silk and had a matching chiffon with grey and black circles.

The laces and trims were unbelievable. I really love the copper look so I settled on some copper trim and also some gold trim. These were not badly priced. I got them for $2 a yard. They are so ornate and shimmery. I also came across some great metallic netted prints and a really beautiful lace cloth that I am going to dye in parts. All in all, I am very happy with what I have and I hope to show you these things in a piece.


They also sold this really fine chiffon but this is silk chiffon from France. I am thinking the thin scarfs that I see that are being used in projects are polyester chiffon? Anyways, I have to do some research on this because silk chiffon is really expensive $30 a yard.


I also thought it was really great how you could get swatches of material so one of the shops I went into had them already cut so I grabbed a few.





















2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great finds Joanna. You're right - it's poly chiffon being used in textile arts because it burns and melts. Silk chiffon won't and of course it's big $$!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Doreen G said...

Way to go Joanna---and BTW you've been tagged

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home