..

Friday, August 31, 2007

Been a while

I know it's been a while since my last post. My daughter is starting to crawl now and requires more attention. She is so sweet. Also, I've been working on a series of small designs that has been keeping me busy. I hope to have them done in the next month. So many things to think about...so little time! In the meantime, I figured I'd post my submission I did to QA. I'm not sure if it will make it to the next issue, so send some blessings my way! For the challenge, it was called "Doorway to Your Imagination" so I thought about what would be the keys that would unlock the door? And, so I thought about what was needed in your imagination...like having aspirations, dreams, vision..etc. The door itself was done in pastels and I accented all the stones, steps, etc with black thread. I also used webbing spray on the fabric.










13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanna it's awesome!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Wow Joanna, the baby is getting big and is as cute as a button. And I love your door piece. The colors are amazing.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Françoise said...

What a beautiful little girl!
And I like your doorway very much.

11:13 AM  
Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Sending blessing for your submission with QA. You quilt is great, I love the design and colors.

You daughter is very cute! Just wait until she is walk and running.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Wow your door is wonderful! I just love the colours. I hope you make it into the magazine.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Papoosue said...

Your daughter is just gorgeous Joanna!

I love the doorway piece, great attention to detail and fantastic colours!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Doreen G said...

What a cutie Joanna --can I be her adopted Grannie in Australia.
Oh and by the way I love the Door piece as well.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Joanna is just so cute.

The colours on your door piece are simply stunning.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Joanna, the doorway piece is wonderful - I really like the hinges, but your baby steals the show - what a doll! Michelle

2:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Joanna, your doorway piece is wonderful - I really like the hinges, but your baby steals the show - what a doll!! Michelle

2:27 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

Your daughter is a doll. Your doorway piece is fantastic.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Judy Rys said...

I can't decide which is more beautiful, the doorway or baby. Lots of good luck coming your way! Wow, I'm impressed, how do you get so much done?

9:55 PM  
Blogger Val said...

What else can I say Joanna? Your Door piece is just WOW, (bound to win) but your gorgeous little girl carries off first prize! Val

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home