..

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No Stone Unturned

We are doing a trade on SurfaceDesign where you create something influenced by a Jan and Jean technique. I was thumbing through books and came across "No Stone Unturned". There are a lot of great ideas in there. I built up many layers experimenting. And, I also used my MistyFuse embossing technique this works great. In their book they talk about adding demensional paints but you have to wait for these to dry. But, with my method, instant gratification. I also zapped some felt and added layers of cheese cloth. I layered each layer with MF and really made it easier to layer. It's not quite a stone..but I love the surface.

BTW, for those of you who don't know, two of their new books just came out!


8 Comments:

Blogger Doreen G said...

Wow Joanna that is amazing---I'll have to borrow that book from the Guild library

3:26 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

I love this. You achieved a really great looking piece.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Such great textures and colours. It does remind me of a stony texture....

4:35 AM  
Blogger Val said...

Love this texture Joanna - looks really scrunchy, and the colours of just beautiful. BTW what is MF (machine embroidery? Nah!) Val

7:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love this texture Joanne and the piece as a whole. Looking forward to the JB/JL technique swap and to the two new books.

Annette

9:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love this texture Joanne and the piece as a whole. Looking forward to the JB/JL technique swap and to the two new books.

Annette

9:40 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Joanna, this is really, really, REALLY gorgeous!!!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous texture Joanna

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home