..

Friday, January 11, 2008

Fairy Shoes

In Stitch magazine, they had a pattern for making little fairy shoes. So, how could I resist? I've also seen some really lovely little shoes on Val's blog as well. They are really fun to make and it makes you think about the little fairy that would occupy them. This is a winter forest fairy. It's really difficult to take a good picture of these little shoes. They are so much better in person. They are made from silk paper and embellished with beads, yarn, and stitching. These little shoes will make their way to Debbie for a swap we are both in. Wouldn't it be neat to make a whole fairy outfit?


**Also, thank you to everyone who responded about my dyeing issue. I received a couple of great ideas. Thank you!

And, I hope to post a really great little package I received from Michelle in my next post.



14 Comments:

Blogger Vicki W said...

Oh my! they are beautiful!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh they're fabulous!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Susan D said...

They are so cute!!!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Doreen G said...

Exquisite Joanna---lucky Debbi

5:14 PM  
Blogger Purple Missus said...

Fabulous! I admire anyone who can produce something as delicate as these - I really must have a go one of these days. What a great swap to be in - and yes, how about a dress next. I have this wonderful book called 'Fairie-ality' which is a fashion collection of fairy costumes - its brilliant.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

A whole outfit is a lovely thought, these are delightful.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

These are just gorgeous!! Do you think they'd fit me? I only have small feet!!!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Those little shoes are the cutest things I've ever seen. Such an intense blue and i love the way you've embellished them.

4:48 AM  
Blogger sharon young said...

Hi Joanne
These are truly fabulous, I wish I was fairy LOL
I saw the article in Stitch and was tempted but I'm not good at tiny fiddley things, so I think I'll leave it to those who are.
I saw that book too , Lynda , and was too stingy to buy it, regretted it ever since, and forgot the name, maybe I'll look for it on amazon, it was gorgeous.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Kate North said...

Lovely, Joanna, very sweet!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh I love these! They're so cute and magical! :) Marva

2:03 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Wow! Absolute knockout Joanne and so beautifully embellished! Val

3:03 AM  
Blogger Rayna said...

Hi Joanna! So glad I came upon your blog - and what delicious little shoes. (I assume they are small!)

I'm leaving for my QA TV segment taping and like you, I'm bummed that the NY/NJ PBS stations aren't carrying this program. Guess I'll have to buy the DVD just to see myself - LOL.

Love your cropped sunflower, by the way.
best,
Rayna

12:06 PM  
Blogger Debbi Baker said...

Slow down Joanna!!! I haven't even started!! Seriously though, these are just gorgeous. Lucky lucky me. Was the silk paper a good idea?? I might try it for mine...PS Did I mention these are perfectly beautiful? You are one very talented woman.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home