..

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dyeing Days





I've been dying more fabrics over the last week. I love the result of dying..instant gratification. I was ironing my fabrics and my husband said 'These look stained." This kinda hurt my feelings lol. In dyeing this time I was going for the look of letting the colors run. Here are some of my results...I'd like to know your opinions. I admit some of my results were pretty scarry even for me...but that's what happens with experimenting. But, a lot of it, I really like. My husband stated...I'm not sure what you'll do with these. I have a pretty tuff husband! Guess I have to come up with some great things.

What do you think of the black and white? This is probably the most dramatic...I was going to use some of this in our black white and one color challenge on Surface Design.

I have another proposition for the first 2 people who are interested...I will send you some results of my latest dye job days. I'd like to see what you come up with. In return, I'd like a PC. You will get way more than what makes a PC. These are both silks and cottons. If you'd like to try, put in the comments...."I'm up for the "stained" challenge. Ha Ha

8 Comments:

Blogger Purple Missus said...

This is my kind of dyeing. Much prefer mottled to flat colours. Black and white piece looks wonderful.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they're all fabulous! of course he is looking at them as whole cloth pieces without imagining them cut up, stitched or somehow embellished. I think that black and white piece is fantastic, sort of makes me think of steel girders from a building under contruction.

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new dyed fabrics! (Had trouble posting last night but all seems fixed this morning.) I really love the gray/black pieces. I haven't done a lot of dyeing but, when I do, I like th try for grays and blacks. These look like good backgrounds for winter dusk landscapes. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

I think your fabrics look great. I need to try some more fabric dyeing. The b&w piece is interesting.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the nice comment on the TAST ATC.

8:10 AM  
Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Husband are our worst credics! I love the way your fabrics turned out.

I love dyeing fabrics and even if it does not turned out the way I wanted I alway find a way to use the fabrics.

I'm up for the "stained" challenge.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are lovely Joanna, I love the top one, how it drifts into a darker shade, lovely colours as well,

10:58 AM  
Blogger Leanne Hurren said...

They are gorgeous - I love the black, grey and white piece. I have never dyed fabric in these colours - definitely something I will have to try. I absolutely love hand dyed silk - it is the beset. One of my boyfriend's friends complimented one of my textile pieces the other day and my boyfriend said 'actually it is good' - he wondered why I was offended! It was the surprise in his voice!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Great fabrics!! Love all the beautiful colours and the great effects you've achieved!!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home