..

Monday, January 15, 2007

Memory Monday


Today, a bunch of us in FAF are showing an old photograph or the oldest photograph we have in our possession. It's really interesting to look at these old photos. This is the oldest photo that I have. It is of my great grandfather and great aunt. I am thinking around the time of the depression. My great grandfather has one of these old pipes in his mouth and patches on his pants. It shows how in those days everything was made useful until it really wore out. My great grandfather worked in a coal mine in England. Also, the way the little girl with her headscarf is looking up at my great grandfather and how they hold each other's hands really is special. She reminds me of the little match girl. The photo really speaks of a different time. Also, it's interesting to see similarities in appearances. I can see my father's eyes and eyebrows.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful photo Joanna.

10:04 AM  
Blogger bookwraps by suz.com said...

I love these old photos...life was so very different from what we know today...thanks for sharing Joanna...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The old photos are wonderful and yet kind of surreal. Thanks for suggesting this idea Joanna.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

This is such a wonderful momento to have.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home