..

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Texture Swap






I finished this PC for Angela for our texture swap. The thing that was different about this swap was that we were given ingredients and then we had to make something with texture. Well, if all of you in blog land know Angela, you know she loves cats! So, I knew I had to put cats somewhere in there for her. And, I had a lot of fun dying the ingredients. Thanks Angela! I loved being able to create the color. Angela mentioned she was into orange at the moment, so this is the color I used. I am not sure what the base of the fabric is..Angela is going to fill me in. But, the postcard feels really lovely and soft...kind of like a nice cuddle from one her cats..I bet! I am really interested in this base fabric it was thick like felt but I know this is not what it was. I also used dyed cheese cloth around the the PC for an interesting effect.


It was really great to do an international swap because you get things you normally wouldn't have here. Angela is from the UK. But, she forgot to include some Cadbury's in her packet...slight oversight on her part I'm sure. I was born in the UK and my parents are both British so I just love things English. In fact there is this great soap that most people in the UK watch called Coronation Street and me and my mother like to watch it. She sends them to me on disk. It's much better than a US daytime soap.

Anyways...enough of my ramblings...here is the ingredients and also I thought it was interesting how I dyed some of her lace and some of it took and some of it didn't. I'll send this back to Angela as well since I think it turned out really beautiful.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Ohhhh, what cute kitties! This turned out great Joanna. I'm betting Angela will love it.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Purple Missus said...

These look really good Joanna. Very clever.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Françoise said...

This is very cute, and very appropriate!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

This is so Angela!! Great work :)

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home