..

Saturday, February 17, 2007

More Dyeing

I've been dying some more! Dyeing is quite addictive. I have been trying to experiment with color combinations. One thing I need to spend more time on ...is getting the colors to not bleed to much into one another. This is difficult! Because if you don't apply enough dye you have white spots. I think I will try the spoon method on my next batch. I also got this great silk yarn from Dharma and it dyes up beautifully. This will make great surface design material. Also, I have this burnt out silk I dyed. I dyed it in purple and it turned out beautifully. I was thinking I would dye it deep purple because this is the color of royalty. I would like to use this in a journal composition but I am not quite sure how yet.




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun day you have had! These are wonderful pieces.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

It's all beautiful. I'm really liking that silk yarn, may have to get some of that.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Doreen G said...

I Love the effect you achieved and the colours are striking.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Purple Missus said...

What gorgeous colours these all are. I just love those first two pieces. They look amazing.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Alis Clair said...

So lush! I love the way the colours have run into one another. Yum!!
Hugs, Alis

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanna, this is all beautiful! Love those purple pieces. And the dyed roving in the next post is pretty cool.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

What gorgeous results. I especially like the second sample - yummy :)

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home