..

Friday, February 16, 2007

Playing with the Embellisher

I have been playing around with the Embellisher and dying some different textures. I bought some different textured linens from Dharma Trading and some spectacular velvet from Exotic Silks. I love the way velvet dyes! Also, my next venture is to try dying some of my own roving and thread. I know with wool you have to treat it differently than cotton. So, I think I will take the safe route and try some Koolaid! This way I can still use my pans again.

On this PC, it is all hand dyed textured materials with the exception of the yarn. The yarn is from Cherry Hill. Love their yarns! Also, I think I shall seek inspriation from this other skin of Cherry Hill...aren't the colors just grand!


6 Comments:

Blogger Digitalgran said...

It looks as if you are enjoying your Embellisher, Joanna. I love what you have done there and those are lovely delicate shades you have dyed. I did dye some wool to use with the embellisher and treated it exactly the same as the cottons and I was disappointed in the way it turned out.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Françoise said...

Lovely pc, Joanna.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Purple Missus said...

This is gorgeous! I want to reach out and stoke it. I love the silk velvet you have dyed. I think this composition would look brilliant on a larger scale.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done Joanna! I love Cherry Hill yarns too, such fabulous color combo's.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Those are very lovely colors in your PC. I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'm anxious to see your Koolaid dyed wool.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The colours of the velvet are really beautiful, looks like you had fun dying

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home