..

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Color Combinations


I've spent the last couple of days dying fabrics for my new venture. It's been a while since I have dyed and this year I really wanted to spend time experimenting with color combinations.

So, I am going to play with purple, orange and green. I really love bold colors. I dyed some cottons and silks. I love working with silk but the draw back is that you can't really apply anything to it like pastels or paint to add depth...it is what it is.

Check out my two cleaning cloths...I figure these could make something interesting as well.

Also, I just bought a new iron...I wish I would have got this iron along time a go! It's great I don't need to apply pressure and the steam is just perfect. Ahhh happiness!
My next thing is do get going on some sketches. I've got some good ideas and hopefully they will work out nice. I'd like to also at some point go back to Color Composition For The Creative Quilter and do some exercises out of there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A gorgeous pallete to work with Joanna. Whatever you do with these will be fabulous. I love that deep plum color.

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy colors! These fabrics will be great fun to work with.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Great colours Joanna. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

They are all yummy looking.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home