..

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Glub Glub Part II


So, yes I am obsessed with this fish . I think I shall call him Fred. This is a work in process. I did the background with the Embellisher. And, the top part of the bowl is silk batting that was dyed. I am thinking that this may be better than wool to use because it carries the colors more boldly. I bought some silk batting samplers a while back and dyed one of these up. Now if I take a look at my two sources, one for wool and the other for the silk batting, it does appear that the silk is more expensive. I thought though that when I bought some samples at the quilt show they were not as much. They have some sample battings for $2, which is what I got last time. I'm thinking I need to check the prices for silk roving. I bet this will work just the same. So, I am thinking next time I do some dying I will just do it with the silk since it takes on the colors stronger. I haven't tried koolaid on silk just the procion dyes.

This fish will eventually make it's way to PC form. I thought it might have been cute to include a cat but this will make it too big. Isn't Fred just the happest fish? And, he doesn't eat much.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred is too cute! What a great image he is. So Joanna, how large is your rubber stamp collection?

1:41 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

Fred and the fishbowl are just the cutest.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Fred is the perfect name for him. He looks so happy in his bowl.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

what an idea! I love the fishpot !

11:14 PM  
Blogger Alis Clair said...

I just love your fishy pieces they are so much fun.
Hugs, Alis

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home