..

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Text on Fabric

I've been really interested lately about text on fabric. We were discussing this in SurfaceDesign and I would love at some point to learn how to screenprint. But, I don't want to buy a thermofax and invest in new equipment right now. I think when the opportunity presents itself, I may take a silk screening class. In the meantime,Karen mentioned about these great little syringes with a small tip. Here is where I bought my syringes. So, here is my experiment with these. Pretty nifty! And, last week Rayna came to our guild to lecture, so I bought one of her great postcards. It now hangs near my sewing machine. I have been working on this QA door challenge. It's been an uphill battle. I think I am almost there though. I'll post pictures in a few weeks. I think it will take me a couple more weeks to finish it up.




11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to know what these interesting writing tools are. I can't seem to find a mention on the other blog.
Could you tell us exactly what the name of them is? Thx so much.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These text samples look awesome Joanna!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

How very cool!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Doreen G said...

Now that really catches my eye.
Well done

4:24 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

These look wonderful. I have had some syringes for a long time and have never gotten around to trying them. Are these your own words or are they from some other source?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

They look great!! I would love to give this a try too.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Dale Anne Potter said...

These are FABULOUS!!!
What kind of ink or dye or ?? did you use in the syringe.
GREAT JOB!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Alis Clair said...

Oh those look fantastic. Great colours and the text makes wonderful texture.
Is the syringe hard to use?

Hugs, Alis

11:44 PM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

These experiments are great Joanna. I'm also interested in this sort of thing. I use my printer for doing them ATM. I will have to buy some of your syringes. What sort of ink is in them. do they come with the ink already in?

2:49 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

These are beautiful. Lucky you to be able to take a class with Rayna.

12:49 AM  
Blogger Judy Rys said...

Great job with the syringe writing. You are a natural!
Isn't Rayna great? Her workshop is one of the best I've every taken.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home