..

Friday, May 11, 2007

Sketching

I would highly recommend the following book by Jan and Jean. After taking a class with them, I really understand the need to keep a sketchbook. This book is one of my favorites by them and if you don't have it and are looking for ideas...it's perfect. I took a walk yesterday with my children and took these pictures. One of these I will use in a future composition. I wanted to play with angles and looking at things from different perspectives. The last picture is of my little daughter Laura.








































































































5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh Laura is so sweet!

I like that shot of the white posts. I am finding myself looking for shapes, grids and patterns in everything now too. Yesterday I sat on the deck and wrote a description of one of the trees in my yard. It's amazing how much detail you see when you actually look for it.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I have that book too Joanna. I love sketching and should do more.
The photos are great, I like the ones you have obviously taken diagonally. I can see a design in those already.
My favourite is your beautiful baby at the bottom!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Purple Missus said...

Right, I'm going to grab my copy and read it properly from cover to cover if it has inspired you two so much!
Laura is lovely. Photos like this make me wish mine were still babies.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Judy Rys said...

The composition of the white rocks along the path really leads your eye into the scene. I also like the way the background is blurred in the lilac photo.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cutie!!!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home