..

Monday, November 05, 2007

Progress

I haven't made much progress in anything lately. The children have been sick and have been taking up quite a bit of my energy. Boy, I'd love one of those quilting getaways! I am next week going to take a class with Phillipa Naylor, which I am looking forward to. She does the most amazing satin stitching with tiny circles. She was also a big winner in Houston.
I am hoping that late next year I can do a weekend seminar with the Hudson River Valley Workshops. I'm hoping Katie Pasquini comes back. If you need some inspiration, pick up one of her books.

I've always had a great love of art deco works. It really seems they are quite timeless. Below is an idea I am working on, I don't know if it will translate to a card, but I will give it a good shot.

Also, I got this great fabric from Fabric Paradise. I've been trying to build up my black and white stash. I don't have many varieties in black and white. I am also really fond of this Klimt inspired fabric. It's funny when I was back in university and I was taking art history classes Klimt was never really interesting to me. Now, I really like the designs, motifs and compositional elements in his work. Funny how our tastes change over time.












3 Comments:

Blogger Nellie's Needles said...

I'm delighted to have found you. I tracked back to your blog through the comment you left on mine. Thank you. Your work is beautiful.

9:44 AM  
Blogger TracyB said...

Love the fabric, Joanna. It's gorgeous!!!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh, how I envy your chance to take a class with Phillipa Naylor.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home