..

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lasting Impressions From A 3 Year Old



I just have to share this cute little picture my son did. I thought it would be interesting for him to interpret a Calendar Girls calendar image. I had him look at April's picture and draw what he liked. He wanted me to draw a flower and hearts to show him how. So on the outside border I drew the hearts and flower. Then, he drew his FIRST flower on the inside with little hearts. Don't you also like how me signed his name up the side?

Are you ready for the cutest thing? Check out the little black boxes on each of the corners. I asked him..."So, what are these?"

His response..."This is so you can increase and decrease the size." Is my son into the computer age or what? I thought this was so cute to say for a little 3 year old.

12 Comments:

Blogger Gloria Ives said...

Kids say the Darndest things! I once asked my son and daughter when we were on a road trip to tell me about what his restaurant would be like if he had one. They dictated and I wrote, then they each drew a picture.
I really cherish those drawings and words...."when you come into my shop, you must look up and see the pretty picture. You will love the flowers on the table and the grilled cheese"

8:47 AM  
Blogger Doreen G said...

Well Joanna it is obvious he has your artistic talent flowing through his body---what a great drawing.

1:53 PM  
Blogger sharon young said...

You're absolutely right, what an amazing thing for your son to say at such a young age, but then I forget how computer literate they are now.
I love the picture, so well done, are you going to use it in your interpretation of April?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

So that's you sorted for April then......seriously this is wonderful, how lovely to work together like this.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Françoise said...

He made me laugh again. I'm sure he's going to be a computer genius!

12:48 AM  
Blogger Françoise said...

BTW, the drawing is very cute!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Fannie said...

This is precious, Joanna. He is so smart! His drawing speaks louder than words.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, that's wonderful! Definitely a keeper!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Debbi Baker said...

This is so cute Joanna!! Made me smile.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How fun! I love the signature. It is amazing to see the world through the eyes of a child isnt it!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Judy Rys said...

What a great drawing and comment. Kids are so amazing! Each of my kids have a box of drawings and stories they created when they were young. It's a riot to look through them.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Just so gorgeous!! This would make a lovely postcard.....

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home