..

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Calendar Girls





I've finished my July Calendar Girls PC. I've been working a lot with painting lately. So, I decided to ink and paint an image. I wanted to create a little bit of a 3-D effect to the top flower so I put a little stabilizer behind it. I think though if I had to do it again I would just leave it without the stabilizer.


Also, I've started my August PC for Calendar Girls to get a jump start so I can fall back into the big project I'm working on. It's going to take me forever to complete. When I get to a good point, I'll post a sneak peak. I'm working on a large art quilt. I think the problem is going to be when I am ready to quilt keeping the puckering to a minimum. But, I've got a couple ideas. And, I think the biggest thing is quilting a big quilt and maneuvering it so you can get even stitches. But, once I've nailed this, it will be easier to do a second quilt.


The August PC was really cool to make, I stamped an image with shrink plastic and then melted it in the oven. I also used some "perfect circles". And, Debbi had this cool netting type paper that she gave me that was great for the backdrop. Send me more Debbi:)


4 Comments:

Blogger Vicki W said...

These are both very cool postcards!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Debbi Baker said...

Hi Joanna - Gorgeous CG postcards! And don't die of shock but your package (including some more of the net stuff in blue and silver) is just about ready to post. Should be mailed tomorrow - I just have to finish off the accompanying postcard tonight! I'll have to try and track down the supplier of that net - the packaging has nothing on it to identify the name of the stuff or where I bought it unfortunately. PS The August card is particularly fabulous - love the colours and teh shrink plastic was a very inspired idea! Cheers

4:16 PM  
Blogger Val said...

The postcards are fabulous Joanna - you are certainly well ahead! Are you machine quilting your Art Quilt. I would loathe to 'teach grandmother to suck eggs' but if you want a few tips (re puckering etc.), I may be able to help! Val

9:44 AM  
Blogger sharon young said...

Hi Joanna
Love both of your PC's, and I can't believe you've been that quick with August. I've never used shrink plastic, but it looks great. What are perfect circles? Have you made them or are they some sort of product?
Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my quilt post, sorry for the delay in acknowledging it but I was interrupted while on your post and must have forgotten to come back.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home