I am participating in a round robin with Sue and Terri. Each of us will receive the others fabric and add to it. Then, we will embellish and create little boxes.
I received Sue's silk. Here is a picture of the before and after. I really wanted to keep all of Sue's colors and make some more deeper tones. But, dying has a mind of it's own. I wanted some of the green to stay but I am happy with the pinks/purples. I also added some stencil leaves. This was my first time working with stencils on fabric. I used some luminere powder and made the small mistake of putting it on a bit thick on a couple of leaves. Then, when I went to iron, it smeared a little bit. But, overall the leaves turned out good. Now, it is on to Terri. I am sure all three fabrics will be beautiful in the end.