..

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Christmas Cards


I got this really great doll book from Linda, who made a paperdoll book called "Not Your Mother's Paper Dolls".

I decided I would make some Christmas cards from them. I made this Father Christmas below but instead of using paper, I used fabric. I also got some practice in on french knots! I think the one thing I would do differently if I could would to not define the lower part of his eye. When I did this, I was almost done and then could not turn back. Other than this, I am pretty happy with the way he turned out. His beard is made of angelina fibers. Also, it's funny how you find cheap things and think I don't have a use for this now but maybe later. I got this glitter snow stuff from Joann's really cheap and I just used this to define the fur. But, it is a hazard to buy things that you think you might use later as well. I know we all have a few boxes of "Future Uses." You can double click for more detail on Mr. Santa. My next project is a gingerbread man...but I am trying to figure out how to do a good cookie sheet. So, if anyone has any ideas..let me know. I tried tin foil but I don't like how it looks. I am thinking I might use a piece of felt or draw it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda Fleming said...

I am delighted with what you did with Santa! Printing them on fabric, rather paper, never occurred to me. Can't wait to see the gingerbread man.Maybe you could paint the cookie sheet with mettallic silver paint?
Hugs-
Linda

10:09 AM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Great job! Now I'm getting into the holiday mood.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

Great Father Christmas! I'm also getting in the holiday mood.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cards are great. The snow looks so real!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home