..

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Blast from the Past

I really don't have too much to share. I've been feeling a little in a rut lately. I have just been messing about with some fabrics trying to come up with something I would like to do. I would love to do a small wall hanging but we shall see!

So, I figured I would show some of my favorite PC's I've done. The first one is from a painting by Franz Marc from around the 1900's. He was a part of the movement of german expressionists. I have always loved his use of color in his paintings and how the colors represent meaning. He also loved to portray animals. Marc would think of blue as masculine red and yellow feminine and joy and happiness. I believe he died in WW1 so it is sad to say where his other works may have taken him. Here is a picture of his painting and the postcard I made. I know it is okay to reproduce his work as I know some of his other paintings have been reproduced in other formats and I have seen them used on Quilt University.






Also, here are two PC's of Lake Tahoe. I just love this place, maybe one day when I'm older I'll retire there or to something similar. My aunt painted a watercolor of Lake Tahoe for me and I took a photo of this and thread painted it. The second picture is with some Skydyes. It is interesting that if you have great inspirations this can make it easier to compose a piece.




2 Comments:

Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

These are wonderful Joanna. You are very good at portraying a picture with fabric.

8:30 AM  
Blogger sher said...

Ha! Found you too!

Love all the leaves...

Sher

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home