..

Friday, October 20, 2006

SoftSculpt

I got this softsculpt material from The Thread Studio a while back because I had saw how it could be used in Surface for Stitches, this is a great book to own if you don't already own it.



So, I tried it out with a stamp as you can see below. I stitched with thread the outlines on the tree. I am going to do some more things to this stamp impression and apply it to the Christmas PC swap that we have going on at SurfaceDesign.

I have the softsculpt in black and white. This was my first attempt at using it and I think I would like to try some more abstract things with it. In Gwen's book, she impresses matches and metal objects to this foam like material. It isn't difficult to stitch on and when it is hot you can impress with many objects. Check out Digital Gran...she did wonders with it.



Also, I have two of the most soft well made chenille scarfs from Sue. One will be going to my MIL for an Christmas present.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

The book and the soft sculpt... I think I'll be shopping soon.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

I haven't seen this soft sculpt stuff before...or this book. It all looks very interesting. Off to do research!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Sue, I think this might be something you'd like to try. In the book they also do vases and beads.

Joanna

10:16 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

I like your tree, great stamp.
I have the book and the soft sculpt. I've tried a couple of things from it, but not with the soft sculpt.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanna .. did you find a US source for SoftSculpt? I have been using the product for about two years and have always had to order it from Australia or the US. Wish we could find something in the US. I just love using it!

Kathleen "Fibre Arte by Kate"

5:06 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Kate, I can't seem to reply to you. I don't have your email. I don't have a US source. I got the softsculpt from Dale in Australia at the Thread Studio.
Joanna

6:26 PM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I love what you have done with the soft sculpt too. I have used it a few times and I will try and blog some of it soon.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home