..

Saturday, December 16, 2006

PC's and Silk Ribbon


I wanted to share a couple of Christmas PC's I have received. The first one is from Helen, who did a lovely Christmas tree.

The second is from Jan, who does beautiful backs as well as fronts. I think I need to take some lessons from her on doing lovely backs.




A while back, I got this lovely ATC from Dale. Isn't it great? She used the copper tissue on it. I love everything she does.
Also, I must say I am disappointed I didn't know about the journal bidding on workshopsontheweb. Check out this link...even though it's too late to bid. Bookaid. http://www.workshopontheweb.com/bookaid/bookaid.htm







Also, about a month and a half ago Judith Montano came to our quilt guild. I had once checked out her book "Elegant Stitches" from the library and thought this is a great book to have. Well, since she was there, I bought her book and some of her hand dyed silk ribbons and floss. This book is such an excellent book to have if you don't own it. I wasn't able to stay for her lecture or take her workshop but I am sure they both were amazing.






7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cards are lovely. And I think I need to take lessons on making better backs from her too!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Love your postcards! What wonderful mail to receive. Also Dale's card is great - she is very talented!

3:48 PM  
Blogger That Creative Place said...

Hi! My name is Lisa and I found my way over through...some dollmakers. Can't remember who.

Your baby is SO BEAUTIFUL!! ANd I have seen A LOT of them. I was a birth coach for 12 yeas. But this little guy is too pretty to be newborn!

Nice to meet you. Oh, love the Christmas cards that you received.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Great postcards Joanna. Lucky you!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Meeting JBM in person must have been great - I LOVE her work. Thanks for featuring my xmas tree card :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

Wonderful postcards. And I like Dales' card. How is baby Laura doing?

5:52 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Micki thanks for the comment. Laura is doing great..although I am a bit sleep deprived! She is a well behaved baby.

For some reason, I can't respond directly to comments through email. If anyone knows what I may be doing wrong, please let me know.

Thank you!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home