..

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Progress

I have been in process on quite a few ideas. I know many of you fellow bloggers have set goals for yourself in the new year. My goals are simply:

1. To get a better handle on color composition
2. Focus on improving my drawing skills
3. And to study art work from past and present masters and learn from them. I want to do a study on Kirchner and also Jennifer Bartlett.

My first study is Gauguin. I was using some of the concepts from "The Day of The Gods". I love the organic shapes in the water and contrasting hues.


The worst part about starting new things is investing time and not being satisfied. I was working on this small piece. I like the idea of organic forms and I will play with this some more on another project. I am happy with some things but I don't like the direction it's taking. I was playing with thread painting in it and I don't like the mix of colors. So, I am thinking of cutting it after I practice some more on it. I wanted to get a "Gauguin feel" to it, but I am not satisfied...stay tuned to see if it comes back in cut up in little postcards. I am happy with the backdrop water. I really like the hues of blue and black together and will use this idea again.


Also, I bought a Carla Sonheim original wood painting for my daughter. It's really lovely and it was such a great deal! Check out her etsy shop, she is having one original a day at discount prices.


Lastly, here are some charms I've made. And, if you have persevered and read through my ranting, I shall grant the first person to respond to me one of these little charms. All you have to do is say..."I want one" in a comment and include your email address and then I'll get your mail address from you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I want one" I just love these charms .. great fun,thanks for your wonderful blog, diane@leftwich.info

2:32 PM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Ah nuts, I'm too late. But they look spectacular anyway! I love Carla's work. And I can't wait to see what becomes of your art study project.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your art project is coming along nicely. What a great goal that is to study different masters of art. The fabric charms are beautiful!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Your charms are wonderful. It's great fun to see what everyone is coming up with for their charm ideas. I love your art work, am looking forward to seeing how it progresses

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one, too! You are charming to offer to send them.

yarngoddess at hotmail dot com

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, now I see ... just delete my other comment, the other Diane got the one and only one that you offered.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home