..

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Sneak Peek

I really love the era of art deco...so I was thrilled when SurfaceDesign had a art deco PC challenge. I also joined in on Angela's group as well. Here is a sneak peek of what I am working on. This is a picture from a statue made by Dimitri Chiparus. His work is now public domain. Also, I am showing another picture of a statue that I think would be great to explore as well. But for now....I love this dancer. It's funny too because a few weeks ago I got a stamp and guess what it was this same dancer. While I was doing some research on art deco, I came across Dimitri Chiparus.




5 Comments:

Blogger Purple Missus said...

I'm with you on this Joanna - I love these statues. I adore the one with the naked woman whose outstretched arms are butterfly wings - not sure if its by the same person though. I love everything about this era.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Joanna your sketching is fabulous!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

I agree with Sue, fabulous sketching.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

The status are just great. I can't wait to see how you translate your sketchwork into postcards.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Alis Clair said...

That statue is one of my favourite sculptures. I also have the stamp and use it at any excuse.
YOur sketches are beautiful.
Hugs, Alis

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home