..

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Update

Hello all, I know I've been a bit silent lately. I am out of town. I had to go to Michigan for a wrongful death lawsuit for my father. It has been a really difficult and emotional week. It has been emotionally draining to relive my father's death and what his sudden death has done. He was only 61 and was getting married in two weeks. I thought for sure we would win and didn't even think about what would happen if we didn't. Well...we lost and I am really sad about this but I am glad I can finally move on. It's really a sad story. My father went to a clinic at his work complaining of chest pain. So, they ran an EKG and it came back abnormal. So, the Physician's Assistant decided that this was something old and told my father it was something old and told him to go directly to the hosiptal and "did he feel well enough to drive." Well, my father interpreted this information to mean that yes he must go to the hospital and it was important but he had no idea he was having a heart attack. The PA had no basis to tell me father that he wasn't having a heart attack and that at any moment he could die and even the risks he could put to other people on the road. He was not offered an ambulance or told of the importance. So, he went home first to get his medications that he thought they might ask for at the hospital and he had what we believe a "black out" while having a heart attack. We had a corner and an expert witness say that this is more probably than not what happened and he fell backward on the stairs and died of head injuries.
It's really sad that this PA can still practice and is told that he is not negligent even at least 51% so. That his care was "reasonable". The jury only took 45 min to deliberate on a case that was 4 days long...I don't quite get it.

Anyways, I hope to be back home in a week and get myself emotionally centered. I am hoping this mandela exercise will help me when I get home to do so. I hope we can all grow as we go through this book.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you had to go through this. I hope you can find some peace and some therapy in your art.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Doreen G said...

Joanna my thoughts and prayers are with you and I know the mandala excersise will help in your healing.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Alis Clair said...

Oh Joanna,
My thoughts and heart are with you at this time.
I will e-mail you soon.
Love and hugs, Alis

6:17 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

Dear Joanna. What a very sad thing to happen and under the circumstances very difficult to come to terms with I should think. I do hope you will be able to remember the happy times before long and forget all this sadness. Sending a big virtual hug.
Mags

8:49 AM  
Blogger SeamRippstress said...

Joanna, I'm so sorry about the loss of your precious dad. I'm working on a grief mandala now. xoxo Elaine

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home