..

Monday, October 30, 2006

Gingerbread Men and Comic Art

I finished up two more PC's for the Christmas PC swap at Surface Design. I used Linda's little gingerbread men from her new book and shrunk them down. Linda gave me the great idea of using metallic paint for the cookie sheet. So, here are the little gingerbread men!

















Also, I really love those old romance comic books from the 70's and before. Even though I was not old enough to read them! I have collected a few of these comics and they are so cheesy that they are great! But, I mainly love to look at the art in them. It's kind of funny with this comic book art back in the 40's they were allowed to show more risque type of women with hardly any clothes on ...then there was a sensor board that was put into place and the look of the comics changed. But, I love the whole genre. I am also a big fan of Roy Lichtenstein, so I guess this goes hand in hand. Back when I was at University in the early 90's I was fortunate enough to go to a signing he was having and I have a couple of his art works as posters that are signed. I'll post a picture of one of the posters when I get a chance.

So, one of the things on my "quilt goal" list is to make a comic book type of heroine to cloth. So, I started today practicing with the eyes. This also could be a great intro if I have some time to sign up for "Sketch to Stitch" PC challenge at Surface Design.

6 Comments:

Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Those gingerbread men are adorable Joanna. What a great idea. Your eyes are looking good too.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Your gingerbread men are fantastic! Can't wait to see your character come to life - your off to a good start with those eyes!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

Great gingerbread PC.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Oh, Joanna! I love the gingerbread men! You are doing things with these dolls I hadn't even imgained. Amazing!
Hugs-
Linda

8:47 AM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

P.S.- I got so excited over the gingerbread men I forgot to comment about the eyes- they look great. I look forward to seeing what you create with the eyes- you are so talented and creative.
Hugs-
Linda

8:49 AM  
Blogger Nina In Norway said...

I just found your blog and have been reading through it. I've really enjoyed it and will be back for more. :) You've made some lovely things. How did you make Terry’s box?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home