..

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Work in progress



Remember that piece of fabric I was speaking about that was just so lovely I didn't want to cut it up? Well, here it is in it's pre-cut glory! It is a piece of fabric from Melody Johnson. I have decided to have a go and cut it up and put it into a small piece. I figure if I don't like it at the end...I'll slice and make postcards. One thing I would like to play with is color composition. But, I don't want to test too many theories on one little piece. I would like to work with great color combos and also light to dark contrasts. But, maybe I'll save the light to dark contrasts for something different.

Here is also a ruff draft of what it will turn into...wish me luck!!!!


















P.S. I just had to share a couple of pictures of my son. This was his first halloween out and he just loved dressing as a mouse and trick or treating.



7 Comments:

Blogger Micki said...

Now that's the cutest mouse I have ever seen!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

ooohhh, so cute and so little! (my mice are 21 and 18.)

7:10 PM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh my gosh, what a little cutie guy you have there. So precious! And I'll be watching closely, waiting to see your fabric creation. Your sketch looks interesting. Good luck!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Françoise said...

Usually, I'm not particularly fond of mice. But I wouldn't mind letting this little mouse wander about my house...
Have fun with you fabric!

11:35 PM  
Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Your son is a cuttie and a mouse worth keeping.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Now that is the cutest mouse ever! Even cuter than Mickey! I hope he got lots of yummy treats trick or treating.
Peace-
Linda

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi is sooo cute!!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home