..

Monday, November 13, 2006

Jan and Jean New Books

I just got the two new books from Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn. Love them! Now, I just have to find the time to incorporate some of their ideas into experimentation. I am so excited because they will be coming to our guild next May to teach and I know that I will learn a lot. They are such inspirational ladies!

I think I like Grids to Stitches best. There is a new product that I have to try and locate now. It is called "Aquabond". It has a sticky surface and is a soluable fabric. You can use it to make these amazing grids and weaving with threads. It is very inspiring. I think I'll try and get some and practice this weaving technique.

Quilters Resource has some of this Aquabond for anyone also interested in experimenting.

Here are pictures of their two new books...


3 Comments:

Blogger Linda Fleming said...

Oh, my! You will be creating even more amazing art work! I think it is remarkable the amount of art you create with the demands of a wee child and another soon to arrive. You are remarkable, Joanna.
Peace-
Linda

11:16 AM  
Blogger sher said...

drool drool...I love those books! I forgot to put them on my Christmas list.

Can I join your guild and take the workshops?

Sher

10:40 AM  
Blogger Alis Clair said...

I just got Seductive Surfaces - great book and the grid one is on my list. Can't wait 'til pay day.
hugs, Alis

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home