..

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Don't you hate it when...

Boy, have I been having sewing machine problems! I got my sewing machine back and then I was having problems with needles breaking. I think I went through 5 different needles before saying "I give up." So, I took my machine back to my shop and it ended up being that I needed a more heavy duty needle..a jeans needle. I had never needed this in the past and now I wonder if it is something that I now need because I had adjustments to my machine.

I made another paper and fabric card for my mother for a Christmas card. I think it turned out rather well and I love all the glitter.























Also, I hope soon to be able to experiment more with the Aquabond, it's really interesting how it completely disolves. I added gold metallic thread to connect it all together and some gold flakes. I am going to think a bit more how I might use this. I am thinking of creating some "window" type PC's to show the effect.




3 Comments:

Blogger Linda Fleming said...

It's always a joy to visit your blog and see what new beautiful art work you have created. And these two pieces are just gorgeous.
Happy Thanksgiving-
Linda

10:36 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

The card is just charming.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Helen in the UK said...

I use a jeans needle (80/12) for most of my stitching whether its quilts or pcs - love them. However, I think your machine should sew with other needles depending on what you are trying to sew through. Maybe you had a 'duff' packet before?

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home