..

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Work in Progress Wednesday

I found some "Aquabond" at my local quilt shop. What luck!!! Anyways, I really do like this stuff. It has a sticky surface so that you can lay fibers down and not worry about them moving.

So, what do you do when you don't have a sewing machine and you can't knit? You finger knit!!! So, I used finger knitting in my grid.


I was inspired by the grid stitching in Jan and Jean's new book, so here is my work in progress. I plan to add some gold stitching and other embellishments and we shall see where it goes!

6 Comments:

Blogger Linda Fleming said...

That is going to be gorgeous- love those colors. So you are weaving that with your fingers? How interesting!
Peace-
Linda

7:36 PM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Hmmmm, looks interesting....can't wait to see more.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Nina In Norway said...

I love the look. Can’t wait to se what this turns out to.
Thanks for letting me know. Now I believe I’ve solved my problem. Thanks.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the color combinations are wonderful! Keep us posted on what you do with this. I am sure it will be grand!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chained ribbon laying in your grid appears to be hand-crocheted not knitted. Crocheting is done with a single loop. Knitting is done with a series of loops.
I learned to chain from my gram when I was about four years old - first step to learning to crochet with a hook.
The chains are adding a lot to the composition. Keep going! We're all waiting for your next step....

6:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love this Joanna, beautiful colours,look forward to see what you do with it.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home